File Space Overview
From Help Wiki
How to Connect
Select your operating system below to find detailed instructions on connecting to Evergreen's network file space:
To connect on Mac or Windows using Cyberduck follow this link.
Why use it?
- You might lose your thumbdrive (flashdrive).
- If your hard drive stops working, you might not be able to extract your files from it.
- Evergreen's servers are backed up every 24 hours, which means your data is safe.
- Files saved on servers are accessible from all campus computers. You can also access them from home using the secure WebDAV protocol.
- Orca is the primary file server for academic resources. This server hosts academic program shares, individual student shares (generated automatically), academic workgroups and research shares. For questions about or requests concerning Orca, please contact Academic Computing.
- Hurricane is the primary file server for Faculty & Staff personal file shares as well as staff work areas. For additional help with hurricane filespace, or to request a new fileshare on Hurricane, please contact Client Services at 867-6627.
- Nimrod is the primary fileserver for students and faculty in the media arts. Nimrod is not backed up or available off campus. For help with this resource, contact the folks at Electronic Media.