My Evergreen Account Quick Guide for Students
Student accounts are created automatically as soon as the student is made active in Banner, the college’s Student Information System (SIS). The source of this information is either Admissions systems or manually entered by Registration staff.
There are several steps students will need to go through to activate a new Evergreen student account. An email will be sent to the student's non-Evergreen email that we have on record, and this email will explain the steps.
- Change Password: Login to activate.evergreen.edu with the temporary username provided in the email. Students will be asked to verify their identity (a verification code will get sent to the non-Evergreen email) and asked to change their password
- Select a Username: Once the password has been changed students can choose a new Evergreen username/email based on a selection of choices. This is not set forever, students will be able to select a different username/email up to three times per academic year.
- Login to My Evergreen: Once the systems synchronize and your new username is ready, an email will be sent to your non-Evergreen email address. After students receive this email they can login to my.evergreen.edu with your new username and password.
My Evergreen is where you can get access to many of the things as an Evergreen student that come automatically. Once an account is activated, your email and a network home directory are created. You are also added to the All Student Distribution List which may send you periodic campus emails. In addition, your account now gives you the options to
- Schedule Evergreen - See public events and manage your schedule through Schedule Evergreen
- Academic Progress - View all of your credits and evaluations of you by faculty
- Academic Statement - Create and edit your orientation essay and academic statement
- Evaluations - View past evaluations and edit new ones
- Program and Class home pages - Access to your Canvas or Wordpress site for your program
Student My Evergreen Accounts last a few months past your graduation date (or the date you left the college). When account deactivation for a student is two weeks away, an email will be sent to both their Evergreen email and their non-Evergreen email to let them know that this will be imminent. If you have concerns or questions, please contact the Student Tech Support Center at (360) 867-6231.
Former Student Account
After you graduate and your old My Evergreen account has been deactivated, you can always get a former student account to order transcripts.