PerkinElmer Sprecturm2000 FT-IR (FT-IR-1)
From Help Wiki
- DO NOT TURN OFF THE COMPUTER
- DO NOT TURN OFF THE INSTRUMENT
- If the computer is turned off, the spectrum software will need to be run; do a 'BkGrd' (background scan) from the home screen. This needs to be done every time the computer is turned back on.
- The instrument should be left on so the internal heater can keep the inside of the instrument dry. Internal moisture will degrade the salt based piece inside the instrument.
- Need to get software license key.
- Software requires license key.
- Software uses two directories found at the root of the drive: pel_apps & pel_data.
- Software installation requires the 'mapping' or setting of the transputer I/O address. There's a help document at the root of the drive that explains how to do this.
- The PC is a candidate to be upgraded, along with upgrading OS to Windows XP; it's likely that the software will not work on Windows 7, but worth testing in vm environment as a quick-and-dirty test.
- The CD drive motor is broken.
- Will not boot from USB.