STL Viewer - WordPress
Activate the necessary plugins
The following plugins must be activated in Dashboard > Plugins
- STL Viewer
- AP Extended Mime Types - let's you upload .stl files to your media library
Add the plugin shortcode
Create a post or page and add the STL shortcode:
[stl file="blue_rabbit.stl" /]
Replace the filename with your .stl filename. If you're not sure what the filename, go to your media library and look under the Attachment Details for your uploaded file.
Change the default settings for SLT Viewer
- From your Dashboard go to Settings > STL Viewer
- Set the Height and Width in pixels, i.e. 300px. Alert: If these fields are not formatted properly the plugin will not work.
Upload .STL files to media library
- The plugin will be referencing the file name of each .stl file so make sure they are unique.
- If you get an error saying you don't have permission to upload this file type you need to activate the AP Extended Mime Types plugin
See the demo site
Check out example at