STL Viewer - WordPress
From Help Wiki
Revision as of 15:14, 20 November 2014 by Greenea
thingiview.js, the similar to the embed tool used at http://www.thingiverse.com/.
Activate the necessary plugins
The following plugins must be activated in Dashboard > Plugins
- STL Viewer
- AP Extended Mime Types - let's you upload .stl files to your media library
Upload .STL files to media library
- The plugin will be referencing the file name of each .stl file so make sure they are unique.
- If you get an error saying you don't have permission to upload this file type you need to activate the AP Extended Mime Types plugin
Add the plugin shortcode
- Create a post or page and add the STL shortcode:
[stl file="blue_rabbit.stl" /]
- Replace the filename with your .stl filename.
- If you're not sure what the filename, go to your media library and look under the Attachment Details for your uploaded file.
- View your post to check that it's working
For more control of how the model is dispalyed
- add more parameters to the shortcode
[stl file="blue_rabbit.stl" color="#2b56b8" background="#f8f8f8" width="100%" height="640px" /]
- alternatively you can change the default settings (see below)
Change the default settings for SLT Viewer (optional)
- From your Dashboard go to Settings > STL Viewer
- Set the Height and Width in pixels, i.e. 300px. Alert: If these fields are not formatted properly the plugin will not work.
Doesn't work? Try:
- Using the latest version of Chrome for your browser
- Check your syntax