Use and citation of media in online formats
Information on how to cite media in Wordpress or Canvas from work from the public domain
Materials that you can post online
- Your original works of authorship to which you hold a copyright.
- Works in the public domain.
- Copyrighted articles and materials that you have received written permission to use.
- Materials with a creative commons license provided you follow the author's licensing requests
All creative commons citations should include the same information
- Title of image
- Creator name
- Source of image (url)
- Copyright information included with the image (i.e. watermark)
- CC license information (if possible link back to CC documentation page)
- (I.E. Flickr Wikimedia Commons Getty Images)
- If there are no specific citation requirements usually just the link to the image page and its corresponding database is fine
- At minimum make sure to cite Creator, Image, Title, Source
- If the image is from a print or electronic publication you include Creator, Title, Source
swampcat1934 Lisensed under CC0 Bunny1002846_640.jpg Pixabay
The process of citing videos found online (i.e. Youtube) is slightly different than citing images or other media
- Puppies tend to enjoy playing with toys as portrayed by Puppy Talks to His Toy (2017)
If possible create a small reference list at the bottom of the page or post with the video citied in MLA or APA style MLA Last Name, First Name, Or Username. "Title of the Video" title of the site. Name of Publisher, Day Month Year of publication. Medium. Day Month Year of access