Help for Faculty and Staff
As of May 2014, The Evergreen State College is transitioning to using Canvas as our primary Learning Management System. See below for details, help, and how-to resources.
What is Canvas? Course access and enrollment. Migrating content from Moodle.
- Walk through this self-paced online course for an overview of the Canvas interface along with some of the tools and features used in building a basic modules-based site.
- After reviewing the Orientation, sign up for the hands-on Canvas Basics workshop to practice working on a site.
Supported Internet browsers and needed plugins. Canvas on mobile devices (Android, iOS).
Creating a Home page. Adding files, links, and media content. Publishing your course.
Using Announcements, Conversations, Discussions, the Calendar, and Scheduler to connect with students. Tools for providing students feedback in Canvas.
Creating and administrating assignments, online quizzes, and surveys. Setting up question banks.
Using Outcomes and Rubrics to communicate instructional objectives and achievement expectations. Using the Gradebook and SpeedGrader.
Learn about the differences and similarities between the two systems.
Canvas Guide Topics
- Canvas Guide
- Canvas at Evergreen
- Technical Requirements
- Designing Your Canvas Course
- Canvas Site Templates
- Enrollment Information for Canvas
- Communication Tools
- Assignments and Quizzes
- Assessment and Grading Tools