Enrollment Information for Canvas
From Help Wiki
Revision as of 16:02, 11 December 2016 by Carpenti
Canvas allows us to create a living class list. When students enroll in your course via Registration they are added to your course that same day. Please note that this does not mean they have immediate access to your course content.
When will students be added to my course and when will they have access?
Here is how this works:
- Faculty still control access by publishing the course when they are ready.
- Students admitted to an on-going course will be added the Friday of Evaluation Week of the prior quarter. For example, Winter Quarter students joining an on-going Fall offering will be added the Friday of Evaluation Week of Fall Quarter.
What if I see student names I do not recognize?
- The People list in Canvas is live data, and for a student to appear in your course they must have registered for it or be on your waitlist.
- Students who drop your course will have their enrollment concluded automatically.
- Waitlisted students do not have access to your course until they are officially registered.
- Academic Computing can help you add waitlisted students to your course temporarily. Please contact us at http://help.evergreen.edu
How to Manually Add Students
- Click on “People" in the Course Navigation menu.
- In the "Add People" window, ignore the format example and ONLY enter the student’s Evergreen username (i.e., hoobel17) or "A" number. If entering multiple usernames or A #s, separate with commas.
- For Role, select “Student."
- For Section, select “Manually add students here” - if you do not place them in this Section, they will get bumped out of site enrollment.
- Click blue “Next” button, Canvas should validate user(s), then you can follow through prompts to complete enrollment.