Difference between revisions of "Pre-record a Lecture with Zoom"
From Help Wiki
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
[[Image:Zoom-logo.png|left|40px]] Zoom can be used to pre-record lectures that
[[Image:Zoom-logo.png|left|40px]] Zoom can be used to pre-record lectures that include screen sharing and/or a view of the speaker.
Latest revision as of 15:05, 19 February 2021
- Zoom can be used to pre-record lectures
- Recordings can include screen sharing and/or a view of the speaker
- If you need to share the audio from your computer make sure to test it ahead of time
- Sharing computer audio on macOS requires a driver installation the first time it is used
- You can have Zoom automatically make an audio transcript of the recording. This can later be manually attached to the video.
- The Audio Transcript setting needs to be turned on before making the recording
- Add and edit Zoom Captions
- Open Zoom and sign in to your account
- Click the New Meeting button
- Turn on the camera, set the virtual background if needed, and check your lighting
- Unmute your mic and test the audio
If you need to share the screen there a few steps to follow. You can read Zoom's Screen Share article for more information.
- Click the Screen Share button
- Select what you are going to share
- If you need to share the audio from your computer check the Share Computer Sound box
- Check the box next to Optimize Screen Share for Video Clip
For more detail read Zoom's Cloud Recording article.
- Click the Record button at the bottom of the Zoom window and select Record to the Cloud
- If you have already started screen sharing go to the top of the screen and click the More button and select Record to the Cloud
- If your microphone is muted you will get a warning reminding you to unmute
- Click the Stop Recording button when you are done.
- Zoom will send you an email when the cloud recording is available.
- You can multiple recordings within one meeting
- The audio transcript might take longer to process than the video
- Manage your cloud recordings
- Download, delete or share cloud recordings
- Trim the playback range of a cloud recording
Keywords: web conferencing