Scheduling General Access Media Labs
This article describes the scheduling and key checkout procedure for the general access media labs that require keys.
The Multimedia Lab is a staffed lab and has similar scheduling procedures but does not require a key or proficiency to use the lab.
- 2D and 3D Animation Labs
- Audio Mixing Benches
- SFX Lab
- 5.1 Mix Room
- Video Edit Suites
- 16mm Film Editing
The labs can be scheduled in multiple ways.
- Self Service in Schedule Evergreen
- The Multimedia Lab L1404
- Media Loan
- Check the Media Loan website for hours
Proficiency and Badges
In the Schedule Evergreen system we track access and proficiencies with a tag labeled Badges.
Students need to have the appropriate access badge and the proficiency badge to schedule a lab.
- Most labs have a technical proficiency.
- The proficiencies can be a combination of online and/or hand-on training
- Most proficiencies are good for 5 years
- Our labs also have access badges
- The access badge for a lab is the approved users for the current quarter
- Access badges are assigned to:
- Students enrolled in approved courses and programs
- Other proficient students with access approved by staff
Com Building Late Night Access Badge
- Students need the Com Building Late Night Access badge to be in the building past regular building hours.
- Read the Late Night Access - Com Building article for more information.
Once a lab is scheduled you will need to check out a key from Media Loan.
- Media Loan has limited hours.
- You need to plan ahead and schedule time in advance so that you can check out the key from Media Loan.
- Return the keys to Media Loan at the scheduled time to avoid late fees
- Only use your scheduled time.
- Students can only be in the labs during the building open hours.
- You must leave the lab and the building before the building is closed.
- Key fob logs and computer login records will be compared to the scheduled lab times