Difference between revisions of "Student Technology Resources for Remote Learning"
|Line 37:||Line 37:|
a support ticket at [https://help.evergreen.edu help.evergreen.edu]
Revision as of 14:12, 30 March 2020
Whether you need to upload an assignment to Canvas or participate in a Zoom meeting here are some technology resources to support students with remote learning.
Have this recommended equipment:
- A computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone. Chromebooks are available for checkout via the Evergreen Library - https://www.evergreen.edu/library/chromebooks
- Headphones (preferably with a mic) and a camera for video-based Zoom meetings
- Internet Access: Secure, reliable high-speed internet, preferably high speed. If you can plugin to ethernet instead of wifi, even better. (internet resource page coming soon!)
Tools for Remote Learning
- Keep Learning self-enroll in this Canvas Course for access to tutorials and resources for remote learning
Check out the Helpwiki Getting Started with Zoom (Students)
- The Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is available via the web-based apps or for download at office.com. Log in with your My Evergreen login and password.
- Stay connected and check your Evergreen email often at office.com
Many software companies are lifting restrictions and making their software freely available to students during the Spring 2020 Covid19 event. Check out our running list of software you may be able to install on your computer.
- Be aware of suspicious email (phishing) and internet scams. Report a phishing email by forwarding it to email@example.com.
- Keep your personal computers protected and up-to-date with antivirus software. Learn more.
- Be sure you have the latest updates installed for your personal computer's operating system.
- Use trusted and secure wi-fi whenever possible.
Get help with your technology questions by creating a support ticket at help.evergreen.edu