Student Technology Resources for Remote Learning
Whether you need to upload an assignment to Canvas or participate in a Zoom meeting here are some technology resources to support students with remote learning.
Have this recommended equipment:
- A computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone.
- Chromebooks are available for checkout via the Evergreen Library - https://www.evergreen.edu/library/chromebooks
- Headphones (preferably with a mic) and a camera for video-based Zoom meetings
- Secure, reliable high-speed internet (preferably high speed but at least 56K). Many internet providers are responding to the COVID-19 crisis by offering free or low cost internet. If you can plugin to ethernet, even better.
Tools for Remote Learning
- Canvas Guide for Students
- COMING SOON - Keep Learning Canvas Course
- Download the Canvas Mobile App for students - iOS or Android
- The Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is available via the web-based apps or for download at office.com. Log in with your My Evergreen login and password.
- Stay connected and check your Evergreen email often at office.com
Many software companies are lifting restrictions and making their software freely available to students during the Spring 2020 Covid19 event. Check out our running list of software you may be able to install on your computer.