Terroir Spring Field Study - WordPress
Access your site
Your sites have been pre-created based on a site template. To access your site:
- login to blogs.evergreen.edu
- navigate to My Sites in the upper left for a listing of all sites connected to your login
Writing and Managing your content
- Get Published - Pages and Posts
- Categories and Tags - all of your posts should be added to a category otherwise they will not be easy to find on your site.
- Working with tables in your post
- If you're working on your individual Terroir Journal site, you will need to activate the plugin TinyMCE before you will see the add table option.
- Insert an image
- Set a featured image for each post.
- WordPress built-in image galleries
- Instagram Galleries of group hashtags are located in two place:
- Sidebar Instagram gallery is located in Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets in the Home Page Sidebar 2 block
- Instagram Gallery page uses shortcodes
[easy-instagram tag='yourhashhere' ...]
- Embed video from Vimeo or YouTube by pasting the the URL link into the content area of your page/post
- Link to a file
Customize Your Site
This is default theme your site is already set to use. This theme has a flexible Theme Options panel that let's you customize many components of the site including:
- page layout
- styling: background colors, font, etc.
- header logo
If you feel compelled to use a different theme than Heuman, the following themes will work well on mobile devices (they are responsive) and make good usage of navigation (Menus) and widgets so you can design a site where viewers can easily find and interact with your content.
- Baskerville (custom header image)
- Hemingway (custom header image)
- Tracks (works best with featured images saved to posts)
- Twenty Twelve, Twenty Thirteen, Twenty Fourteen, Twenty Fifteen, Twenty Sixteen
Additional themes may not have Theme Options but can be modified by Appearance > Customize
Sidebar content in WordPress is controlled via "Widgets". Often times if you don't anything to your side bar a default set of "widgets" will appear. You can change this by adding your own widgets.