Audio Recording III - WordPress Portfolios
Getting Started with WordPress - What is WordPress and how is it being used at Evergreen?
Create a New WordPress Site
- Are you a new user? Create your first site!
- Already have a site at blogs.evergreen.edu? Learn how to create additional sites.
Driving in WordPress
Writing and Managing your content
- Get Published - Pages and Posts
- Create a page called "Welcome" or "About" to feature a description of and/or mission statement for your audio work/practice as a sound artist.
- Create a post describing a project or goal you are working on.
- Categories and Tags
- A few categories have been created for you at your templated site. Categories can be used for organizing posts.
- What are some other categories you might like?
Designing Your Site
Working with themes
Themes allow you to change the design/look of your blog at anytime. Changing your theme will not affect the primary content of your site. It may seem as though some content has disappeared, but you just need to tell the new theme where the content should go.
- Choose a theme
- Customize your header image - some themes allow for you to add your own header image Appearance > Header Image (may only appear if your chosen theme supports custom header images)
- Make additional changes to your theme (advanced)
- Change what your front page displays if you'd prefer a static page instead of your latest posts (optional).
- Custom Menus - allow you to modify the navigation for your site.
- not all themes support custom menus
Many themes support sidebar content. A theme's sidebar may default to a particular set of "widgets." You can change this by adding your own widgets.
Adding functionality to your site
Plugin Overview - use plugins to connect your site with a variety of web content including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, etc. Want to connect to a popular service that you don't see listed in the available plugins? Let Academic Technologies know and we can look into adding it.