Lab Information - Multimedia Lab
From Help Wiki
- To reach us, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Some software resources are available off campus.
In the Multimedia Lab
The MML has 13 main stations that are 5K 27" Retina iMacs with 3.60 GHzz 8-core i9 processors, 24 GB of Ram and with 8GB of VRAM.
- Each station has a second 22" LCD monitor.
- Speakers and headphones.
- Memory card readers
- USB 3 hub.
- Software includes macOS 12, Adobe Creative Cloud, Pro Tools, Ableton Live 11 and Max/MSP 8.
- The Software List article has more information.
The Conversion Station is an older Mac Pro that is set up with some extra applications not available on the other stations..
- It has a DVD player and VHS deck connected to a firewire converter box.
- This station also has a cassette deck and a turntable hooked up to a mixer.
Outside of the MML
Video Editing Suites
- The three Video Editing Suites are 27" Retina iMacs with quad 4.0 GHz I7 processors and 24 GB of Ram.
- They are in their own rooms around the corner from the MML in L1524, L1526 and L1528.
- The Video suites require a proficiency. Call 360-867-5455 or email email@example.com.
- Once proficient students can schedule time and check out keys from Media Loan.
- Each suite has larger speakers and an audio mixer connected connected to the computer's audio input.
Audio Mixing Benches
- The Audio Mixing Benches are the introductory level audio facilities.
- Each lab has a mixer and an iMac computer for digital audio editing.
- The software Adobe Audition, Ableton Live, Audacity, Digital Performer and Pro Tools for multi-track production.
- The Mixing Benches do require a proficiency test.
- Students can schedule time and checkout keys from Media Loan.
- There are two 2D labs and a 3D lab
- Specific information is available at the Animation website.
Computer Center Media Stations
- There are two media station in the Computer Center.
- They are Mac minis with dual monitors.
- They have the same software as the Multimedia Lab.