Plant Chem Ecology - WordPress
Getting Started with WordPress - What is WordPress and how is it being used at Evergreen?
Create a New WordPress Site
- Are you a new user? Create your first site!
- Already have a site at blogs.evergreen.edu? Learn how to create additional sites.
Driving in WordPress
Writing and Managing your content
- Get Published - Pages and Posts
- Create a page called "Welcome" or "About" to provide a description of what your site is about.
- After we create two categories we will create two posts.
- Categories and Tags
- Categories can be used for organizing posts.
- Create two categories:
Designing Your Site
Working with themes
Themes allow you to change the design/look of your blog at anytime. Changing your theme will not affect the primary content of your site. It may seem as though some content has disappeared, but you just need to tell the new theme where the content should go.
- Choose a theme
- Customize your header image - some themes allow for you to add your own header image Appearance > Header Image (may only appear if your chosen theme supports custom header images)
- Make additional changes to your theme (advanced)
- Change what your front page displays if you'd prefer a static page instead of your latest posts (optional).
- Custom Menus - allow you to modify the navigation for your site.
- not all themes support custom menus
Many themes support sidebar content. A theme's sidebar may default to a particular set of "widgets." You can change this by adding your own widgets.