SOS: FoodAg - WordPress
Access your site
Your sites have been pre-created based on a site template. To access your site:
- login to blogs.evergreen.edu
- navigate to My Sites in the upper left for a listing of all sites connected to your login
Your sites are currently set to require and Evergreen login to view.
- To change this go to Settings > Reading > Visibility
- You have the option to make your the site publicly viewable by choosing "Allow Search Engines..." or "Discourage Search Engines ..."
How your Author display name can be changed sitewide.
- Go to Edit Profile from the "Howdy, your name" drop down in the upper left admin bar
- Change the "Display name publicly as" field to your choice. First name last initial is a good option.
Writing and Managing your content
- Get Published - Pages and Posts
- Categories and Tags - Every post you write should be added to a category otherwise they will not be easy to find on your site.
- Custom Menus - let you modify your site's navigation and add links to new pages or post categories or create sub-navigation.
- Insert an image
- Set a featured image for each post.
- WordPress built-in image galleries
- You can display Instagram Image Galleries as well. See: Setting up the Feed Instagram Pro plugin.
- Embed video from Vimeo or YouTube by pasting the the URL link into the content area of your page/post
- Link to a file
Bibliography with Zotero
- Create a Zotero account (if you haven't already) at www.zotero.org
- Add a few citations using the Firefox extension (should be installed in the lab)
- Organize your citations into folders or "Collections"
- Follow the ZotPress instructions for connecting your WordPress site to your Zotero account to display a collection on your site's Bibliography page
Customize Your Site
Sidebar content in WordPress is controlled via "Widgets". Often times if you don't anything to your side bar a default set of "widgets" will appear. You can change this by adding your own widgets.
- Widgets - add additional features to your sidebar