SOS Visual Arts - WordPress
- Getting Started with WordPress - What is WordPress and how is it being used at Evergreen?
Create a New WordPress Site
- Create your first site if you are new to blogs.evergreen.edu.
- Learn how to create additional sites if you already have a site at blogs.evergreen.edu.
- Having problems creating a site?
Driving in WordPress
Writing and Managing your content
Designing Your Site
Working with themes
Themes allow you to change the design of your blog at anytime. Changing your theme will not affect the primary content of your site.
- Choose a theme
- Customize your header image - some themes allow for you to add your own header image Appearance > Header Image (may only appear if your chosen theme supports custom header images)
- Make additional changes to your theme (advanced)
Many themes support sidebar content. Often times if you don't anything to your side bar a default set of "widgets" will appear. You can change this by adding your own widgets.
- Change what your front page displays if you'd prefer a static pages instead of your latest posts (optional).
- Custom Menus - allow you to modify the navigation for your site
- not all themes support custom menus
- add a link to the class Pop Culture blog at http://blogs.evergreen.edu/popculture/
Adding functionality to your site
- Plugin Overview - use plugins to connect your site with a variety of web content including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, etc. Want to connect to a popular service that you don't see listed in the available plugins? Let Academic Computing know and we can look into adding it.
Embedding additional media
Links to student sites
- http://blogs.evergreen.edu/caitlinpittman - hatch theme documentation
- http://blogs.evergreen.edu/hannahmarieswanson - hatch theme documentation