Student Technology Resources for Remote Learning
Whether you need to upload an assignment to Canvas or participate in a Zoom meeting here are some technology resources to support students with remote learning.
Have this recommended equipment:
- A computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone. Chromebooks are available for checkout via the Evergreen Library - https://www.evergreen.edu/library/chromebooks
- Headphones (preferably with a mic) and a camera for video-based Zoom meetings
- Internet Access: Secure, reliable high-speed internet, preferably high speed. If you can plugin to ethernet instead of wifi, even better. '
- For free wifi Hotspots see the: WA State Drive-in Wifi Hotspot Finder
Tools for Remote Learning
- Keep Learning Canvas Site resources for student remote learning
- Canvas Guide for Students
- Download the Canvas Mobile App for students - iOS or Android
Check out the Helpwiki Getting Started with Zoom (Students)
- The Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is available via the web-based apps or for download at office.com. Log in with your My Evergreen login and password.
- Stay connected and check your Evergreen email often at office.com
Many software companies are lifting restrictions and making their software freely available to students during the Spring 2020 Covid19 event. Check out our running list of software you may be able to install on your computer.
- Adobe Temporary Licenses available until 5/31/2020
- Media Software
- Scientific Software and Resources for Remote Use
Assistive Technology Resources
There are a variety of tools available from Evergreen and various software companies.
- Be aware of suspicious email (phishing) and internet scams. Report a phishing email by forwarding it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Keep your personal computers protected and up-to-date with antivirus software. Learn more.
- Be sure you have the latest updates installed for your personal computer's operating system.
- Use trusted and secure wi-fi whenever possible.
- help.evergreen.edu get help with your technology questions by creating a support ticket.
- Keep Learning self-enroll in this Canvas Course for access to tutorials and resources for remote learning.