WordPress Tutorial for wordpress.evergreen.edu
- Getting Started with WordPress - What is WordPress and how is it being used at Evergreen?
Create a New WordPress Site
- Create your first site if you are new to blogs.evergreen.edu.
- Learn how to create additional sites if you already have a site at blogs.evergreen.edu.
Driving in WordPress
- General Settings - Change the title and subtitle of your site
- Change the default Privacy Settings. All newly created blogs are set to private (requiring login to view), change this under Settings > Reading.
Writing and Managing your content
Designing Your Site
Working with themes
Themes allow you to change the design of your blog at anytime. Changing your theme will not affect the primary content of your site.
- Choose a theme
- Customize your header image - some themes allow for you to add your own header image Appearance > Header Image (may only appear if your chosen theme supports custom header images)
- Make additional changes to your theme (advanced)
Many themes support sidebar content. Often times if you don't anything to your side bar a default set of "widgets" will appear. You can change this by adding your own widgets.
- Change what your front page displays if you'd prefer a static pages instead your latest posts.
- Custom Menus - allow you to modify the navigation for your site
Adding functionality to your site
- Use plugins to enable new features in your site.