MacOS zip file errors with OneDrive
From Help Wiki
When downloading files from OneDrive the files will be downloaded as a zip file. Sometimes there is an error on macOS when trying to open large zip files created by OneDrive.
- There might be an error message saying that the archive is empty.
- We can use an utility app called The Unarchiver to open the zip files.
- The macOS computers in the Computer Center and Media Services have The Unarchiver installed.
- Students can get The Unarchiver from the macOS App Store if they need it for their own computers.
Using The Unarchiver
- Go to the Applications folder.
- Open The Unarchiver.
- Drag the zip file from the Finder window to The Unarchiver icon in the Dock.
- The unzipped files will be in the same location as the zip file.