Canvas and Microsoft 365
The Microsoft 365 integration with Canvas is available through Modules, Assignments, Collaborations, and more. See below for details and how-to resources.
Collaborate on a 365 document through Canvas
You can use Microsoft Office 365 to create a collaboration with a Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint file. You can select individual users, groups, or both as part of a collaboration. To alert invitees about collaborations, you can create course events in the Calendar.
- Instructor: Create a Microsoft Office 365 collaboration
- Student: Create a Microsoft Office 365 collaboration
Access OneDrive Files
Individuals can access their OneDrive folder via a Canvas site's Course Navigation Menu, if the Microsoft 365 navigation link has been made available in the menu.
- Instructor: View your Microsoft Office 365 files in Canvas as an instructor
- Instructor: Manage/Edit Course Navigation links
- Student: View your Microsoft Office 365 files in Canvas as a student
Connect to 365 through the Rich Content Editor
If your course has enabled Microsoft Office 365, you can link documents from your OneDrive folder anywhere you can use the Rich Content Editor in Canvas. The Rich Content Editor is used in features that support the editor (Announcements, Assignments, Discussions, Pages, Quizzes, or Syllabus).
- Instructor: Create a hyperlink from Microsoft Office 365 in the Rich Content Editor as an instructor
- Create a hyperlink from Microsoft Office 365 in the New Rich Content Editor as an instructor
Create online assignments with 365
You can create an online assignment that embeds a document directly from your Microsoft Office 365 (OneDrive) folder. Accepted assignment types are Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- When using Canvas and you encounter an issue, click on Help in the lower left corner of the Canvas site.
- This opens a pop-up window with different help options such as:
- If you are unable to access/log in to Canvas, submit a help ticket to Academic Technologies or from the upper right corner of your MyEvergreen page.