From Help Wiki
Accessibility Software Provided by the AT Technology lab
Evergreen has a standard set of AT software for all of the College’s AT stations.
- Read and Write Gold
- All you need to access this free download is your Evergreen login credentials (username and password), and an internet connection. Please note that this may take up to 30-45 minutes to install, depending on your internet speed
- Improves reading comprehension: hear web pages and documents read aloud with a choice of natural voices
- Help students understand unfamiliar words with text and picture dictionaries
- Develop writing skills and confidence with word prediction and a grammar, spelling and confusable words checker
- Support homework and independent research with study skills tools
- Turn documents and web pages into MP3 files for easy listening on the move
- Assists English Language Learners and students studying a second language
- Accessibility features like screen masking give extra support to students with dyslexia and other literacy challenges
- NVDA is a free, open source, globally accessible screen reader for the blind and vision impaired.
- Dragon Naturally Speaking v15: A speech recognition software package. Control and use your computer via voice command.
- Inspiration v9: Inspiration is a tool for visual mapping, outlining, writing and making presentations - the ultimate thinking and learning tool.